Nschwen

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Rev 1500
Disappointed. This looks basically like every Ram on the road now, and every other ice pickup. Boxy, boring.

Where's the sleek, sporty, muscular looking concept design? That's what had me excited. Ram/Dodge was doing it again, bringing visually stunning designs to market (like the Challenger). But no. Now I knew to expect a toned down version, and many of the "out there" features wouldn't make it. But I wasn't expecting this. Same ol same ol. Why bother showing that concept 1 month ago, when clearly this turd was already baked?

Ram was my top pick of EV trucks. Looks like I'll be looking elsewhere now. I'm looking for something new, not another rehash. Maybe someday they'll go after something bolder similar to the concept. I'll be back then. Until then, it seems the revolution has been put down, the old guard are still firmly in power. :(

smiths65

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RAM 1500 Built-to-Serve, '22 Bronco Badlands
I like the concept design better as well, the wind door style & modular floor system.
I already have a '21 RAM 1500, funny...looks almost like this.

smiths65

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RAM 1500 Built-to-Serve, '22 Bronco Badlands
I like the concept design better as well, the wind door style & modular floor system.
I already have a '21 RAM 1500, funny...looks almost like this.
Wing door style...

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Mixed feelings here. One the one hand, yes, it is disappointing to see practically none of the cool stuff from the concept. On the other hand RAM has the best design of the big three ICE platforms. The frunk looks awesome, and I’m glad to see the Ramboxes stick around. They should have done more with the interior, particularly the infotainment. It looks like a stretched version of Uconnect 5 in the current RAM. It does appear to have a passenger screen, which could be nice. The biggest knock against the RAM was its aging powertrain, so I’m really looking forward to specs there.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla 3 Performance, 21 Raptor
A bit underwhelming. I knew they couldn’t bring a lot of the features to production but this is essentially a regular looking Ram. I can only think that the interior is the same or similar to their current generation truck.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla 3 Performance, 21 Raptor
One good thing. They’re still real switches based on these pictures. I welcome that.

Mike777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Disappointed. This looks basically like every Ram on the road now, and every other ice pickup. Boxy, boring.

Where's the sleek, sporty, muscular looking concept design? That's what had me excited. Ram/Dodge was doing it again, bringing visually stunning designs to market (like the Challenger). But no. Now I knew to expect a toned down version, and many of the "out there" features wouldn't make it. But I wasn't expecting this. Same ol same ol. Why bother showing that concept 1 month ago, when clearly this turd was already baked?

Ram was my top pick of EV trucks. Looks like I'll be looking elsewhere now. I'm looking for something new, not another rehash. Maybe someday they'll go after something bolder similar to the concept. I'll be back then. Until then, it seems the revolution has been put down, the old guard are still firmly in power. :(
I'm actually even more excited now about it! I really enjoy the ICE looking vehicle like a Rebel without the futuristic look. If there's one thing I hate more its minimalism in a vehicle.

First Name
Ira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Ram 1500
I am really excited by the production photos posted here. I was hoping that the look would not drift too far from what the current ICE RAM trucks look like because that really means that all the focus can be put on getting the "electric" part of it right the first time around. Hopefully it will also mean that pricing will be more reasonable than what other vendors are charging for their vehicles. Keeping an open mind and trying to learn all about this new technology involved in this big adventure.

Giggi Shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C2S Cab, Dakota Trk, Ram 50, Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Consultant
Disappointed - I signed up for pre-order based on what I saw. This looks like any other Ram. I want to see what comes to production but I really hope they can break the mold and produce something much closer to the concept.

I think that’s one of the benefits some of the newer companies like Tesla or Rivian have is they are starting from a true clean slate.

Jazzmanmonty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning PRO
Disappointed - I signed up for pre-order based on what I saw. This looks like any other Ram. I want to see what comes to production but I really hope they can break the mold and produce something much closer to the concept.

I think that’s one of the benefits some of the newer companies like Tesla or Rivian have is they are starting from a true clean slate.
I totally agree. Bait and switch. They should have released the concept pics last year and underwhelmed a year later instead of a day or two. What they should do is sell the concept as limited 1st addition. I'd mortgage the house to get it. But with the actual one, I don't even think i wanna take on a loan with such a high interest rate lol.

Bottom line is the price, range and specs need to be there to justify me getting rid of my Lightning. From what I see right now, only feature I like is the side storage on the bed. Other than that, it has nothing better than my Lightning. Ya, the range may be close to double, but does that justify the $30-50k it'll cost me to swap?

llninja1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
95 Suburban 18 Buick TourX 13 Volt 04 CTS
Disappointed that not many of the things from the concept made it into production. I'm probably sticking with a Silverado EV, Sierra EV, or Subyukonade EV (if they introduce an SUV variant) unless the RAM REV has more range, especially towing. If they can blow past GM's estimated 400 miles of range, then I might switch to Mopar. Still hoping the Charger Daytona makes it into production.