Bluey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger
Take a Peek at the Electric Ram Revolution's (Sort of) Third-Row Seats

cn023-050rm-1674673909.jpg?crop=0.781xw:1.00xh;0.jpg

• When the electric Ram Revolution concept was revealed, its rearmost jump seats made it a three-row pickup truck.
  • Now, new photos provide a closer look at the Ram 1500 EV's third-row seating, which may be useful or useless.
  • Based on the images from the concept, the two small seats each feature bottoms that fold out of the rear wall.
Anyone who has ever sat on the tiny jump seats in the back of an old extended-cab pickus knows they're not very comfortable. Then again, neither is riding in the back of a truck bed, which can also be unsafe. Well, jump seats might make a comeback based on what we know about the Ram 1500 Revolution BEV concept that was recently revealed. Thankfully—unlike the ones in Uncle Eddie's rusted-out Chevy S-10—the electric Ram's rearmost seats are part of a makeshift third row. Newly released photos also give us our best look at them.

500-revolution-bev-concept-4-1672776669.jpg?crop=0.jpg

From the get-go, Ram acknowledged that the Revolution's third row consisted of jump seats. However, only now do we get to see what they actually look like. As expected, the images show two small seats that fold out of the back wall. It's the same wall that doubles as a mid-gate that opens up to create an even larger cargo bed. Obviously, this is part of the reason the rearmost row had to be jump seats.

cn023-051rm-1674673909.jpg?crop=0.781xw:1.00xh;0.jpg

The debate that follows is whether or not the Ram EV's third-row seats are useful or useless. We get why calling it a three-row pickup truck is a bit misleading, and also why some people will likely scoff at the idea of spending extended time back there. However, we think it's an innovative idea.

As in the past, the jump seats aren't meant to coddle passengers on road trips and whatnot, but rather to provide extra space for people on short stints. After all, we'd rather safely ride inside the electric Ram than risk bouncing around the box.

Source: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42659095/ram-1500-revolution-ev-third-row-seats-photos/

Brian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
Occupation
Retired
jump seats won't be in the production REV, we're comparing "Apples to Oranges". In my view they should start making those dies and lets move some sheet metal.

Tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Project Manager
I feel like it could be useful as an option, especially as a work vehicle to move crew around. However, I wouldn’t personally want it. I would rather the truck have a smaller footprint than making it several feet larger.

Also, this is clearly a concept and probably in very few ways will reflect what it will end up looking like if it makes ot to production.