Concept vs Production Ram Rev

Dimes84

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Silverado
I know I may be a little late to this thread but I just started looking to buy my first EV Truck. I have been a hard core Chevy guy my whole live but have been unimpressed with the Chevy EV Truck designs and the Ford as well. Then I can across the Ram Concept truck and was so excited. Let me preface that I have never been a fan of Ram and the look of them. However, the Ram concept blew me away. The suicide doors, the moveable seat config, the all glass roof, and the amazing exterior design was just a few of the features that I loved. I could not pick out one thing that I didn’t like in some way. Then I say the production truck and was quite disappointed. It looks nothing like the concept and all the really fun and cool features were gone. It sounds like I am not alone in this but if the production truck was even half as progressive as the concept. Ram would have had a convert and all my money in a blink of an eye. Maybe Ram will put those concepts into production by the time I am buying my second EV pickup.

damnitjim

First Name
Bones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 S-Line, Audi Q5 PHEV S-Line, CT3 Pre-Order
Occupation
AV Field Engineer
Dude, I feel the exact same way. SO extremely disappointed that there is seemingly nothing from concept that made it to production. I am only holding my res in case something happens with Cybertruck and I can't get it, but it now looks like every other Ram, just electric. They really did a bait-and-switch on this one.

hamrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 ram 1500 limited
Dude, I feel the exact same way. SO extremely disappointed that there is seemingly nothing from concept that made it to production. I am only holding my res in case something happens with Cybertruck and I can't get it, but it now looks like every other Ram, just electric. They really did a bait-and-switch on this one.
You took the words right out of my mouth on everything you said. I have deposit also on Tesla truck. I already own a 2019 Ram truck and love it. But I don't need another one that looks like it. The UTIMATE bait and switch.