Back Country Hunter

Recon Survivor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Hello All. I own a small game call company and am by default ann avid elk hunter who hunts the deep backcountry of Idaho. I’m very excited and stoked to be entering this EV truck space. I am not a know it all, rather the opposite. I look forward to learning from you and gaining your insights and help as I step into this world. I hope the truck will turn out to be something that I can make work.

I have a video posted on my YouTube channel here if you want to check it out about my thoughts & my intentions. See you all on the forum.

Mark

First Name
Ira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Ram 1500
Hello All. I own a small game call company and am by default ann avid elk hunter who hunts the deep backcountry of Idaho. I’m very excited and stoked to be entering this EV truck space. I am not a know it all, rather the opposite. I look forward to learning from you and gaining your insights and help as I step into this world. I hope the truck will turn out to be something that I can make work.

I have a video posted on my YouTube channel here if you want to check it out about my thoughts & my intentions. See you all on the forum.

Mark
Good video and expresses many of the questions that I am sure the rest of us have as well. Time will provide the answers and so I joined up with my own pre-order spot to watch and learn as things unfold.

My current 2018 RAM 1500 5.7L V8 Hemi does great getting me to the backcountry trailheads for my backpacking trips. The frunk would be of great benefit for storing backpacks without having to have a covering over the bed of the truck when I take others on a camping trip so we are not crowded for space in the cab of the truck.

Currently though my main incentive for exploring this new technology is to avoid the pain at the pump as I don't believe fuel prices will get any cheaper over time. Many of my hiking and backpacking destinations are 2-3 hours drive from my current location so I do go through a lot of fuel.

Looking forward to the adventure.

OP
OP
Recon Survivor

Recon Survivor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Good video and expresses many of the questions that I am sure the rest of us have as well. Time will provide the answers and so I joined up with my own pre-order spot to watch and learn as things unfold.

My current 2018 RAM 1500 5.7L V8 Hemi does great getting me to the backcountry trailheads for my backpacking trips. The frunk would be of great benefit for storing backpacks without having to have a covering over the bed of the truck when I take others on a camping trip so we are not crowded for space in the cab of the truck.

Currently though my main incentive for exploring this new technology is to avoid the pain at the pump as I don't believe fuel prices will get any cheaper over time. Many of my hiking and backpacking destinations are 2-3 hours drive from my current location so I do go through a lot of fuel.

Looking forward to the adventure.
Fantastic! It sounds like we have a lot in common.

First Name
Ira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Ram 1500
Fantastic! It sounds like we have a lot in common.
Yes indeed it does. You likely traverse more rough terrain that I do as mine is limited to at worst gravel and or dirt roads that lead to trailheads in the backcountry, sometimes crossing one lane bridges. I do find that even in town I need the occasional boost from 4 Wheel Drive as my street is hilly and the city does not treat/plow/or grade it so when it gets snow packed and ice covered I am still happy to know I can get out.